Thursday, January 26, 2012

Being brave

So, tomorrow I am going to be brave.  I'm going to fight every panicky, doomsaying voice in my head, and apply for the lead teller position.

If I get it, I'll totally piss someone off.  If I don't, I hope to at least get full time.

I need to talk to my manager tomorrow, to find out exactly what the deal is, what the job position holds, etc.

It is my understanding that the lead teller position comes with a raise, but also more responsibility.

Full time teller comes with a little more responsibility, but no raise.

Both come with cheaper (read: affordable) insurance for my family.

The wuss in me just wants the full time position.

BUT, Master has pointed out, that the lead teller, would be better in the long run.

I keep telling myself, it's like auditioning for a play, audition for the biggest role, and then, if you don't get it, you have a better chance of getting a smaller role.  If you only apply for a small role, they will never cast you in a lead!

So, tomorrow, I will put on my big girl panties, take some midol (cause of course I'm having a hell of a period right now) and march into my managers office and find out how to apply for the lead teller.

Here's to being a grown up!

No comments:

Post a Comment