Thursday, March 1, 2012

Domestic Goddess

Man I miss these days.

Being back to work for the last 8 months has made me realize how wonderful I had it as a SAHM.  Today was a day I totally took advantage of my day off and was the domestic goddess that I should have been for the last 11 years.

I cooked Tuna Noodle Salad for tomorrow (Lent, no meat on Fridays), I also made spaghetti for today, which was eaten for lunch and dinner, and is almost all gone.  I got the house all cleaned up last night, and laundry is all caught up.

I got grocery shopping done too, so I am set for the weekend, which will be busy.  But I am set, as long as I can keep up on the regular house work, I won't feel like a bad slave, which is how I've been feeling.

I need to learn to juggle housework and work.  I'm working, with Master's help, to work on routines.  I'm also going to work on getting the house into maintainance mode.  But the big thing I have to work on is saying NO!

Not to Master, of course, but to everyone else.  I think the best way to do that is to use Master as an excuse.  I'll tell people I have to ask him first, if I don't feel like I can just say no.  I need to learn to do what is best for my family.

So, that is something I will be working on, learning where I can cut back on things that are keeping me from doing the things I need to do for my families well being.

And today was one of the days where I felt on top of things, and I need more days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment