Sunday, March 11, 2012

Laundry soap

Ok, this is a long time coming, but since I just made my second batch of laundry soap, here are pictures from the first time I made it!

Supplies

Boiling water

Fels Naptha

 Cutting it into little peices

Putting the pieces in the water

Halfway done with the bar

All in!

Supplies for the fabric softner

1 Cup Baking Soda, 2 cups hot water

Together

Mix it well (won't disolve!)

1 Cup Vinegar

Bubbles!

Finished!

Soap all melted 

Empty 5 gallon bucket

Mixed in with 1 cup Borax and 1 Cup Washing Soda

Keep adding hot water

Stir

Baking soda separated, have to shake it up with each use.

Stir as it cools and turns to gel!

The five gallon bucket lasted me a little over 2 months, the fabric softener, not as long. 

Now to find more cleaning items I can make on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment