Thursday, March 29, 2012

Crafty

I've been bitten by the crafting bug again.  I knit a dishcloth the other day, and the last few days I've been working on my new thing, Duct Tape Wallets.  I made one for DD, and a couple others, then Master requested one.  A plain duct tape silver one.  I happily bought some tape for that and made him one tonight.

I have loved crafts since I was taught to crochet about 10 or so years ago.  I can also knit (basic) and do a few odd and end things, like Quilling, and Kumihimo braiding (which is how I made my collar and cuffs).

In all the time I've been crafting, Master has only asked for a handful of things, the wallet, a hat this winter (since he has been shaving his head), and a couple years ago, a blanket.  It was what was referred to online as a 3 SUB.  A 3 strand ugly blanket.  You take 3 strands of yarn, any colors, and crochet with it, as one color runs out you replace it with another color.  The trick is to try your best from using matching colors.  Anyway, it's huge (big enough for a queen sized bed) and super warm, and he uses it all the time.

I have come to realize, I love making things for Master, I love when he sees me making things and asks me to make him one.  It makes me feel useful, wanted and special.  That I can do something special for him.

I hope I can make more things for him in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment