Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'll trade you!

So, lately I've seen a few people that don't appreciate what they have as far as mothers go.

I don't have the best relationship with my mother.  She never WAS a mother, more like a sister, and while I understand she has some issues that make it harder for her to be a "normal" mom, somethings, like the Alcoholism, were totally her choice.

So, when I see people who have mothers that do things for them, be it normal things like visiting, or calling on a regular basis, hell, even sending a birthday card would be a step up.

But then, I know mom's who are also grandma's.  They watch their grandkids on a regular (some on a daily) basis.  I know of one that has her grandkids more than her daughter does.  I know one that takes her granddaughter to all her functions, like scouts, field trips, etc.

I know that these grandmothers do more for their grandkids than the mothers do, and if it weren't for the Grandmothers (like my own grandmother did for me) then the kids would suffer.  But then to see the daughters of these wonderful women call them a bitch, or a backstabber, or whatever, pisses me off.

My daughter would love to have a grandmother that visited on a regular basis, that remembered her birthday, that took her places, cooked with her, let her spend the night every so often.  And it's not like my mom lives far away, it's about a 10 minute drive to her house!

My step mother (who by the way, is one of these grandmothers being taken advantage of, by one of my stepsisters) would do all these things for my daughter, but, she lives a 2 1/2- 3 hour drive away, and with gas prices right now, we don't get out there that often.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, I do.  I know she has her issues, she has learning disabilities and such, I understand that, but what I wouldn't give to have a mom like these women I know.

I would also like to add, that Master's mother was a wonderful wonderful women, and watched our daughter often.  But, God saw fit to take her, and Master's father away from us years ago, so we only had a short time with them and our daughter.

So, while I understand no one is perfect, I really wish I could shake these women, and make them see how great their mom's are!  It could be worse, they could not be there for you at all, be it that they are just not around, or already gone from the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment