Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pieces of me

There are many many different sides to me, that make me who I am.  I figured every so often, when I am feeling in touch with certain sides of me, I will go into more about them.

Tonight is my dark side.

I love horror, movies, books, tv shows, whatever.  I can't remember exactly when it started, but I do remember in elementary school, watching Maximum Overdrive, and Nightmare on Elm Street 4.

In high school I started reading Stephen King, then Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.

I'm very into Vampires, and much to my Master's happiness, have been converted to a zombie fan as well, one of our favorite shows to watch together is The Walking Dead.

My all time favorite horror movie is a tie between Halloween, and The Shining (the original versions of both) and my favorite book is The Stand.

I don't know what it is that draws me to horror, I find I especially like it if the bad guy is witty, like Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs, or if it's something that could truly happen, which is why I love The Stand.

I also find myself drawn to apocalyptic things, I enjoy thinking about what it would be like if the world would end, the collapse of society.  I think it would be wonderful to some extent.

My favorite monster is the vampire. I love vampires, there is something about them that I find sensual .

I will also admit I've been turned on by horror movies, Hostel 2 was a big one for that.

I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me, enjoying all the scariness, blood, gore, and evil.
But I do, I love being scared, I often have nightmares, and that is something that I enjoy too, when I have a really good one that makes me wake up with my heart pounding, can't go back to sleep right away, I think those are great.

I know I'm not alone with my enjoyment of them, or there wouldn't be such a big call for them.

Give me a good horror movie over a romantic type movie any day.  If there is something wrong with me for enjoying all this, oh well, it's part of who I am.

As long as Master knows this and still loves me (which he does) then I'm fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment