Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Anniversary

16 years ago, Master and I got married.  And while we couldn't celebrate it the way either of us would have liked, we did the best we could, we went to Subway together on my lunch break.

But, I came home to find a card on my laptop.

I had a crappy day.  Not super bad, just one of those days where by the time the work day is done, all you want to do is crawl into bed and sleep until tomorrow.  I had stopped to pick up something for the kiddo and I to eat, and then stopped at a 7-11 for my favorite, Wild Cherry slurpee, which of course, was out of order.  So needless to say I was feeling down, and exhausted when I finally got home.

He had written the sweetest things in that card.  I cried.

I read it again, about an hour later, and cried again.

I have to say, I am so lucky to have him as a Master, a husband, and a best friend.

He is the only person in this world to know all my deep dark secrets, and the true me.  My true feelings about everything.  He has seen me at my very worst, and very best.  I can count on him for anything.  I know he will be there no matter what for me, just like our vows said.

He puts up with all my ideas, no matter how good or bad they are, and he encourages me to do my best.

I wish we could be together much more than we are, but we make the most of the time we do have together.

I love him, and I am looking forward to seeing where our road takes us as we travel together on the rest of our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment