Thursday, February 16, 2012

30 Day BDSM Challenge: Day 17

What misconception about kinky people would you most like to clear up?

There are a few.  But the main one is, that there is something wrong with us, that we are freaks.  The fact is, I'd bet that people deal with kinky people many times a day and have no clue.  Not all kinky people walk around with a collar on, or wearing all black, or corsets, or what every your stereo typical picture of a kinky person is. They are mom's, dad's, aunt's, uncle's, grandparents.  They are teachers, ministers, leaders, volunteers,.  They are kind, giving people.  A great many of them are very very wonderful people.  I won't say all, because, let's face it, in every group of people, there are assholes.

That' why I hate when things like this happen:

There was a murder locally.  Of course, the focus is on the husband first.  Then it turns out he's into BDSM.  He owns a bar, there is a dungeon in the basement.  He had slaves or subs that called him Master.

So that is the focus.  That must be the problem, he's a freak, and that's why he murdered his wife.

I hate HATE that people judge things they don't understand.

Now, I'm not saying he's innocent, I don't know if he is or not.  BUT!  Just because he's into BDSM doesn't mean he is a murderer.

Just because I like being tied up and spanked, doesn't mean I want a man that is abusive.  There IS a difference.

People need to LEARN about things they don't understand.  I'm not saying you have to want to do it yourself.  I don't want to be in a poly relationship, but I learn about them, because there are people out there that are poly, and I want to understand them.

I think if people tried to understand each other more, there would be more love in this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment