Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Weepy

But not because I'm sad.

I have something wrong with my eye, either a sty, a blocked tear duct, or something.  It doesn't hurt, it's not red, the upper eye lid is a bit puffy and my eye keeps filling up with tears.  It's nothing more than an annoyance right now, hopefully it will go away before it gets worse.  Having no insurance, I really don't want to have to go to the dr.

Had a decent day at work today.  Despite my mood (started my period on Christmas), and my weepy eye (annoyance), I managed to have a conversation with my boss, about full time.  There is currently only one full time position at my level.  With it would come no pay raise, BUT it does come with other things that make me want it.  The main thing, being health insurance.  Plus, while not having an hourly increase, I would be paid 40 hours a week, compare to 25ish (depending on what I actually work) so it would be almost like getting a raise.  I did let my boss know I would love that job.  He also made a comment about what potential I have.  So, I need to buckle down at work.  Don't get me wrong, I work hard.  I have no problem with the actual work, and I have no problem with the customer service.  It's the sales.  I'm not good at sales.  But to be honest, I haven't been trying.  I need to change that.  Adding that to my resolutions.

I need to update my 52 things for next year.  That's next on my list of things to do tonight.  Along with watching The Big Bang Theory and de-Christmasing the house.  Both will be done by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment