Thursday, April 5, 2012

Holy Days

Today is Maundy Thursday, or Holy Thursday, if you prefer.

DD and I went to church tonight.  I cried, as I do often at church.  I don't know what it is, but I get hyper emotional at church.

Tonight it was the washing of the feet that set me off.

Watching wives wash their husbands feet, husbands wash their wives feet, daughters washing their mothers feet, even our Priest washing a nun's feet.  It was touching, moving, and it reminded me of how I feel when I serve Master.

I enjoy being humble, I enjoy doing for others in general.  I find great joy in that.

But I want/need to focus more on doing more for my family right now. That is something I hope to start working on by the end of this month.

Tomorrow, I know I need to bring tissues with me, Good Friday.  Very emotional service for me.

I am grateful that I have faith in such a loving and wonderful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment