Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back to normal

It was nice having a 3 day weekend, but it's at an end, I have to go back to work tomorrow.  BLAH!

I got a lot of work done on my scarf, still have about a fourth of it to go, I'm going to work on cranking it out so I can get started on writing.

I also started feeling down today because I looked around today.  I looked at our yard, in our garage, and in our basement.  I looked at our cars, and in our house.

It was one of those days that looking at all that stuff made me feel horrible.

A neighbor was trimming these very large bushes in our back yard, from his backyard, because they are all over grown and nasty.  He does this often, we never do, and they are our bushes.  Made me feel like crap.

I pulled some weeds and cleaned up some leaves in our front garden, and looked at all our neighbors nice neat yards, and I felt like crap.

I put windshield wiper fluid in our one car, one of two, old, used cars, each with about 180,000 miles on it, each which we owe over a thousand dollars for, and it took me 5 minutes to get the hood shut again, and I felt like crap.

The garage and basement are both a mess, full of stuff we rarely, if ever use.

I have to put a 5 gallon bucket of aquarium rocks on the lid of the washing machine, and then, after the first cycle, I have to go down and throw my body weight on it to get it to keep going.

I feel like crap.

I work, in a job I hate, to be poor.  It sucks.

What really sucks is, I was able to stay home for so long, I should have been more frugal, I shouldn't have procrastinated on things, I should have been thinking long term.  It's my fault I'm in the spot I'm in.

And I feel like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment