Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One of my problems with the community

So, I'm on Fetlife, which could be a GREAT source of information, except for the rudeness.

Now, I understand that anywhere you go, with any group of people, you are going to run into assholes!

I asked a question about finding info to help teach my husband about being a Dominant.  And while some people were kind and helpful, some people were unnecessarily snarky.  You can give your thoughts and opinions and still be polite and kind.

Here's a link, please let me know if I'm wrong:

http://fetlife.com/groups/2439/group_posts/1656452

Having other issues, I'll write about later, tired now, and want to spend time with Master.  Who, is the only person's opinions I should be concerned with.

2 comments:

  1. I read that thread a few days ago. I don't think people took offense to the question itself so much as the phrasing. Instead of asking how to teach him to be more dominant, I bet asking about ideas/exercises/rituals/etc to help a new dominant assert his dominance would have received more constructive responses.

    Fortunately or unfortunately, people on FL can be very pedant. It has been my experience that when asking a question, watch your phrasing, be specific and choose your words carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I know one of the problems with the internet is you can't read peoples tones. It's also sometimes hard to explain myself, so I'm sure that didn't help.

    ReplyDelete